Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend With the Parents






My parents and sister flew over for a weekend trip a couple of weeks ago. It was very nice to see them and we all had a lot of fun. My dad got to check out his all time favorite store, Cabelas and I got to do some shopping with my mom and sister on Friday. It was so fun watching my dad get all excited about Cabelas. He was a like a little kid in Disneyland! I do have to admit though that Cabelas is a very cool store; it really is a hunter's/fisherman's paradise.



On Saturday we all went to a WWI museum in Kansas City. The museum had a lot to it and was filled with tons of information and stuff to look at. Jen and I were pretty much done after about an hour, but we stuck it out! She did end up taking a little break all sprawled out on one of the benches outside of the museum. If you look real close in the picture you should be able to see her! After spending a few hours at the museum we went and had our first Kansas BBQ experience. The food was awesome!! Following dinner we enjoyed a comedy sports show and then ended the night.



The next morning we met for breakfast and then they took off for the airport. Overall it was a great visit and I'm so glad my parents and sister were able to make the trip. Thanks so much for taking the time to come and see us mom and dad!!



Bowdle in October is the next family get together! Wahoo!!

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

It was so funny to see Jen sprawled out on the bench way down below us. I must admit, though, she was a trooper as it was a LONG day.