Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Play time

Does anyone ever feel guilty if they don’t have something planned for their toddlers most days of the week?  Just me?  I feel like since Braedon stays home with me I need to get him out once a day to do some kind of activity.  On the days we don’t go out we usually will have a craft morning and do at least one project at home together. 

Yesterday was Mommy and Me on the Row.  I’ve mentioned this before but Santana Row has mommy and me once a month and there is always a ton going on.  Yesterday they had Snoopy and Charlie brown there as well as a little kids entertainer who played live music that included all of little kids’ favorite songs.  They also had crafts set up at little tables in front of the music where they got to decorate leaves, had a booth for face painting and balloon animals.

Braedon didn’t know who Snoopy was.  What a deprived kid.

IMG_9215

At first he didn’t know quite what to think and was a little scared of the big, white dog so I didn’t want to push it.  Instead, we went and worked on decorating leaves.  Then he started asking about Snoopy so we went back and he got a little closer…

IMG_9216

and we finally were able to get close enough for a picture.

IMG_9223

Maybe this year we will be able to get him all the way to Santa’s lap…

2010_Dec_IMG_7278

Although I won’t hold my breath.

Today we went to a story time at one of the libraries in Santa Clara.  This was probably the best story time I have ever been to, but also the most crowded.  I couldn’t believe how many people were there.  The target group was 2-3 year olds and unlike the other story times I have been to there was very little reading and lots of songs and interaction for the kids, which was great.  Although Braedon just sang the theme song for Wonder Pets the whole time.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Oh I love this video! Carter watched to wonder pets, I'm surprised it's still on. I got to hear that song over and over and over too.