Tuesday, December 10, 2013

More holiday fun!

We have been soaking up the Christmas season in this house lately!  On Saturday we spent a nice and relaxing day at home that included gingerbread house decorating.


We drank hot cocoa and listened to Christmas music as we decorated.




I had originally bought the house for Derek and I to decorate together after the kids went to bed one night, but last minute decided to include them.  With all the extra candy from the cookie decorating party, this house was decked out!



Of course, less than 5 minutes after we were done, Braedon asked when we could eat it.  I told him I wanted to at least wait until the next day so we could enjoy it.  They also had already consumed way too much candy for the day anyway.

And then this took place bright and early the next morning...


It wasn't even completely light out yet.


Why is sugar like crack to little kids?

Saturday night Derek and I attended his work Christmas party, which was themed 1920's.  It just so happened that our neighbors across the street had a work party the night before that was also 1920's!  This worked out so well because we split the cost and shared our costumes as well as the babysitting.



This was the first time in a long time that Derek and I got to spend a night out alone and we had a great time!  We need to do this more often....hint, hint, Derek.

As I was getting ready, the kids were in awe over my tights and high heels.  I obviously never wear them and they had no idea what they even were.  It was pretty funny to see and listen to their reactions.  Don't worry kids, the sweatpants are back on.

No comments: