Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Adilyn Turns 5

Our Adilyn Paige turned 5 on September 1st!  She was lucky to have grandma Wilson here to celebrate her day, and from there we pretty much dragged her birthday celebration out for 3 weeks.  I hope she doesn't expect that every year now.


When we welcomed this little girl into our lives 5 years ago, we had no idea what fun, spunk, adventure, and sassiness she would bring to the family.

Here we are the day before she made her first debut...


Miss Adilyn,


I knew I had always wanted a little girl, but before you arrived, I didn't know what a big void you would fill.  You are a perfect mixture of daddy and me.  As a baby, you were so happy and content,  (you got that from your daddy) which is good considering you had a 2.5 year old brother to deal with.  I mean, brothers can be little punks.  Trust me, I know.    


Rest assured, you will have years to get back at him, and I'm pretty sure you have already started.  However brothers can be pretty great too, and you will see that as you get older.  Besides daddy, Braedon will be your biggest protector.  You will be able to go to him for anything and everything and I need you to trust in him.  He loves you and will always have your best intentions at hand, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time.






These last five years have been the best of my life.  I have gotten to watch my tiny little babe grow into this strong, determined, and kind little girl.  I have watched you learn new things and reach milestones all on your own.  You see, when you want to do something, you do it.  No matter how hard and challenging the task at hand might be.  You don't give up.  One example I have is potty training.  I was all set to potty train you when you were 3.  You had other plans.  One day, a few months before then, you decided you were done with diapers and that was it.  I have never known a toddler to take something like that and do it all on there own.  But that is you, and that determination and confidence is something I hope you carry with you throughout life.

Adilyn, you have already grown into this sweet, vibrant, and outgoing little girl who has a big heart bursting with passion.  Passion for your family, passion for dance, passion for friends, passion for singing.  Don't ever lose that passion.  With your determination and passion, I know you will do so many great things.  Not everyone has these traits that you posses, and that is something I admire in you and know you will touch the hearts of many.




Adilyn, another thing that I love about you is your confidence.  You aren't afraid to try things.  New, scary things that I would have never have done at the age of 3, 4, or 5.  You are intrigued by so many things and want to try it all.  You make friends so easily.  You are confident enough to enter a room and go right up to a person and say hi.  You love to talk and be heard.

As you grow older, certain times in your life will be tougher than others.  You will have conflicts with other girls, you will have boyfriends and ex boyfriends, you will try and fail at so many things.  These trials will all have you questioning yourself as a person and may affect your confidence.  Please, don't let it.  You are smart.  You are kind.  You are honest.  You are strong.  You are beautiful inside and out.  Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

One more thing, my sweet Adi.  I love you!  I am and will always be here for you.  I want you to be able to come to me for everything and anything.  No matter what.  Whether you are having an issue with someone or something at school, you got too drunk to drive yourself home at 17, your boyfriend broke up with you, come to me.  Please.  No matter how small or big the issue is, don't ever feel like you are alone.  I am your biggest supporter.



Happy birthday, Miss Adi!  You are so loved !!!

Mom

No comments: