Monday, August 6, 2007

Im Gonna be an Aunt!!

My sister-in-law Kori and my brother Matt have announced to the family that they are going to be having a baby! Kori is 10 weeks along and is expecting on March 4, 2008. I am very excited for the two of them! My family was having a BBQ Saturday afternoon that included my parents, Jenny, Matt, Kori, my Uncle Dave, and Aunt Ann. When I heard the story about how Ann figured it out I thought it was kinda funny. Kori was getting ready to enjoy her dessert of cheesecake when she asked Matt if he would get her some chocolate syrup to put on it because she really wanted chocolate syrup. Ann was sitting there and immediately said, "Oh my gosh! Have you told your mom yet!?" Kori and Matt looked at each other and then asked if they had told mom what. Knowing my mom and Ann I really wish I could have been there to see the reactions and hear all the squealing (mostly by my mom). Now that I think about it, Kori doesn't even like sweets all that much, everyone in the family knows that! Kori, I think the weird cravings are starting!! Also, Kori and Matt: If you're reading this then I want to say again, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Kori and Matt are going to be two great parents without a doubt. They are the most selfless, nurturing, and loving people I know. The whole family is extremely excited and happy! This baby is going to make two new pairs of grandparents! The first grandbaby for both sides of the family.

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

I wish you and Derek could have been here with us!! The food was fantastic and the company was very enjoyable. The icing on the cake was the announcement that we were going to be a 'grandma' and 'grandpa'. Jenny is thrilled to be an 'aunt' and can't wait to have a baby shower for Kori.
Hmmmmm....Kori will be 8 months along at the time of your wedding:)