Throughout the past three months I have experienced some crazy changes physically and emotionally. Along with these changes, I have learned a lot more about what being pregnant is all cracked up to be. These are a few of my random thoughts I have had so far. If I sound like I am complaining a little bit, it probably is because I am and I thought this would be a good way to vent!
1. Will my 24 hour, 7 day a week hangover EVER go away!? Seriously, I wake up nauseous, go through my day nauseous, go to sleep nauseous, wake up in the middle of the night nauseous...ugh.
2. If I could just have one night of sleep where I didn't have to get up and go pee once, twice, or even three times!
3. Why am I still so tired when I go to bed at 8pm and get up at 8am!?
4. I'm not going to cry...I'm not going to cry...I'm NOT!
5. Three months ago I never would have counted a three mile jog, or waddle, as exercise. Now that is what I strive for!
6. Where the heck did these boobs come from!? I can totally fill out my A cup now!
7. Seriously, my skin looks like I'm 16 again! What the heck?
8. I'm afraid that one of these days I'm going to pop a button on my jeans. I took a pair out of the dryer to put on and I couldn't get those ones buttoned....they shrink in the dryer though, right?
9. I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom yet...I still occasionally watch shows like Full House and 7th Heaven!
10. How the heck is a baby the size of baby Derek going to come out of ME! All I can say is they better have some mighty fine meds and pain killers!
Okay, I feel better now. However, despite all of these things and even though this came as a complete surprise, I am ready to give all that I have to make sure our baby is happy and healthy. It all has finally started to sink in and even though I wasn't ready to be a mom when I found out I was pregnant, I am getting more ready each day.
3 comments:
No one is ever ready to be a mom so you'll be just fine. :) Have you used a hair band to keep your pants up yet? Just loop it through the button hole and then over the button and you are good to go - staves off the maternity pants days a little longer. Everything else on your list I am totally commiserating with you on. I won't tell you any stories that may scare you but I will say some things get better and some things get the opposite of better. Then there is this little tiny person who is adorable and loves everything about you and you forget that you were constantly naseous, tired, and peeing. It's the greatest feeling to hold your new baby. I'm thinking about you.
I spelled nauseous wrong and it's bugging me.
Oh, my little mama baby girl. You will survive and forget all about those things that bug you now. The Lord has blessed you and Derek with this little 'surprise' and we can't wait to meet him/her!! You are going to be a great mom.
Love you!!
Post a Comment