Thursday, January 29, 2009
Oh the joys of pregnancy
Yesterday I had to run an errand down to Issaquah, which is about 50 minutes from our house. From there I decided to just drive a big loop and visit with my mom for a couple of hours in Monroe. I was in the car from about 10:15 am to 12:30 pm and by the time I got to my parent's house I had to pee really bad. I mean really bad. At the same time, my mom was down the hill at Fred Meyer waiting to pick my sister up from work. I wasn't panicking though because I have a spare key and was just going to let myself in. Well, I forgot that Derek and I had traded cars for the day, so I didn't have my keys, I had Derek's which doesn't have a spare house key on it. Still, it wasn't a big deal because I know the code to the garage and could then let myself in through the laundry room. I ran from the front door to the garage door, quickly typed in the code and waited for the garage door to open. I ran up the steps and went to open the laundry room door only to find out IT WAS LOCKED! Okay, now I was starting to panic because my mom was still about 20 minutes. I was able to hold it so much easier before I was pregnant but whenever my bladder is already full the baby seems to think it is funny to use it as a punching bag. I sat in my car and waited for about 10 minutes before I couldn't hold it any more. What does one do in a situation like this? Drive back down into town to find the nearest bathroom? Not me. Start knocking on neighbors doors that I hardly know to ask them if I can use their bathroom? No thanks! I went back in the garage very desperate and found my mom's gardening bucket. Yup, that's right folks, I ended up squatting over a bucket in the garage...with Peyton giving me crazy looks! Luckily my dad had some paper towels on his work bench so I didn't have to air dry. Thanks for the paper towels dad! Oh, and mom, don't worry because I rinsed out the bucket with the hose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't stop laughing.
Priceless. I laughed pretty hard at that one and I'm sure Derek got a huge kick out of it!
Why not just pop a squat in the yard?! You don't know the neighbors! :)
Oh your poor bladder. I feel your pain or should I say I've felt your pain.
Oh my gosh girl, I will never see my weed bucket in the same way again!!
what are you doing stopping at my house and distracting my wife from her duties?
Post a Comment