This New Year's Eve, Derek and I went down to Seattle to meet up with my friend Gina, his friend Shane, and Chad and Musashi. We spent the night playing pool and visiting, well at least up until 10:15. Hey, that is pretty late for me and I'm surprised I made it until then! We decided to head home, get into our pajamas and watch the ball drop on t.v. I know, very exciting...but you can't expect too much partying from a pregnant lady! I think the days of staying out until the bars close are behind me now.2009 will be a big year for me and Derek, full of excitment, nerves, adventure, and I'm sure plenty of love and happiness. This will probably be the year where our lives will change the most as we will make the transition of a family of 2 to a family of 3. Along with our new little bundle, we will be making a big move across the United States for Derek to attend grad school. With these two big changes coming, I already am having numerous feelings of being excited, anxious, nervous, and a little overwhelmed. However, I feel so blessed that we will get to experience these changes together and am so thankful to be experiencing them with Derek!
Now I have never been the one to make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I thought I would make a couple and see how I did with them. The first one I made was to work on my patience. The second one I made was to be more experimental in the kitchen. At least once a week I want to venture from my comfort zone and try new meals that are just as healthy, but a little more creative. Derek mentioned that he is in full support of this goal!
1 comment:
This will be a big year for you. When I look back on the years with big events (that were almost always exhausting) they are my favorite years. There is something about doing something hard together that is so rewarding. If any of your recipe trials are delicious pass them on...
Post a Comment