Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall in Ithaca

Derek just finished up his finals for the first half of his core classes, which means he is half way done with the hardest part of grad school! He is on fall break for the rest of this week, which still isn't much of a break because he is taking this time to get resume stuff together for potential summer internships and he already has reading homework for classes that haven't even started yet. Anyway, we did put some time away to go to a corn maze yesterday. I wasn't totally impressed with the corn mazes here. I guess I'm used to the ones in Washington where they also have pumpkin patches, little petting zoos, and stuff like that. This was just a corn maze...with dead corn. It was still fun though and I don't think Braedon minded the trek through the corn even though it was freezing out.

Every Wednesday at the library there is a class for infants called, "Babies, Books, and Bounce time." I decided to take Braedon to it yesterday and I think he actually had fun. He was smiling and kind of getting into the songs and activity going on around him. I think I will make this a regular part of our week so he can interact with other kids his age and so that I can have some extra adult talk time added into my day. Let me tell you, two years ago I never would have imagined going to play groups, stepping foot into a library or singing a song about shaking all your shakies out. Things do change, but in a good way.








These are just some pictures I have taken on a couple of our walks around town and up on campus. With the leaves changing, it is so pretty here.
















No comments: