I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We had a very laid back and quiet one this year. It was nice, but because I am so used to being around a lot of family, it was a little too quiet. I guess that just means next year we are going to have to make the drive up to Seattle!
On Christmas Eve we hung out around the house. I prepared breakfast for Christmas morning and made my very first pie, crust and all. Okay, so it was a graham cracker crust, which is probably the easiest kind and doesn’t really count, but I’m counting it! We went to a very nice Christmas Eve service at our church where Derek and I got to enjoy the service by ourselves for the first time since Adi was born. We decided to let Adi try out the nursery for the first time and she did great! After the service we came home and munched cheese and crackers, apples, and pears along with some wine for dinner.
On Christmas morning, I woke up early to get my 7 mile run in and then the festivities began. After all, Santa had come and Baeo was very excited!
It took us a good 2 and 1/2 hours to go through all of our presents. Braedon would open one and then want to play with it right away, so he would. When he was ready he would open another one and then play some more.
Derek was pretty excited about his new toy too.
Kids can be so easy to please. Braedon loves cones!
He also thought Adi’s new exersaucer needed a test drive.
Adi woke up but was all about breakfast before presents. After she ate she, I mean me, got to opening her gifts.
Just ignore my wet, messy hair and see how thrilled Adi is to be getting a teether that is also a purse.
Santa also brought Adi some really cute animal puppets. I don’t know who was more excited, me or her.
After all the present opening, Braedon was acting very tired and getting pretty cranky. I don’t know if it was overstimulation from the morning or what but at 11:40 he declared it nap time by saying he needed a nap and went and grabbed his blanket, put himself to bed, and took a 3 hour nap. Merry Christmas to me! Just kidding (kinda), but when he woke up he was a lot more pleasant.
While the kids napped, Derek and I finished up this last season of Dexter. Not very Christmasy and cheery, I know. We were hooked though and had to finish it. After it was over we turned on some Christmas music and watched a Christmas Story to make up for it.
We had a nice afternoon skyping with family, eating dinner, and playing a couple of games Braedon got for Christmas.
Derek has this whole week off! We don’t have any plans, so we are going to do whatever we feel like. Does anyone want to fly down for New Years so we can go out?
1 comment:
That sounds like a very relaxing Christmas morning - my favorite kind.
Post a Comment