Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week of fun

Guess who we got to hang out with this week?

IMG_9445

Grandma Wilson!!  She flew in to town last Saturday and we spent the whole week playing, crafting, making Christmas cookies, drinking coffee, and just hanging out.

IMG_9449

Christmas cookie making in progress.

IMG_9428

Making sugar cookies has always been a tradition in my family and my mom has the best sugar cookie recipe!  I think Braedon’s favorite part was eating them!

IMG_9414

We also went to Christmas in the Park in downtown one day to walk around and look at all the decorated Christmas trees and exhibits that were set up.

IMG_9412

IMG_9420_edited-1

Braedon is getting some cooking stuff and pretend food for Christmas but he doesn’t have a kitchen or anything so my mom and I got creative one day and made him this with stuff we had laying around the house.

IMG_9443

A kitchen…that cost us NOTHING…and Braedon LOVES it.

IMG_9444

He loves to make me scrambled eggs and fish.  Yesterday morning the first thing he said when he woke up was, “I’ll cook you breakfast, mommy.”  I have it right next to the kitchen so he can cook along side me.  He sure is getting quite the imagination too.  Yesterday as he was cooking he came into the dining room to where I was and said, “Oh no mommy, it spilled over!”  I have no idea where he has ever heard something like that before (said in sarcastic voice).  After I helped him clean out his oven from the mess everything was okay again and he just remade whatever he was cooking.

Thanks for coming and visiting us Mom!  We had a blast and miss you already!!

IMG_9384

2 comments:

Megan said...

Please share the sugar cookies recipe!

Amberly said...

Very cute homemade kitchen!