As many of you know, we made it to Seattle last Thursday. The Sunday before we packed and loaded up the moving truck.
Then, for the next 2 days we pretty much camped it out.
Adi especially loved eating off the floor.
So did Peyton. Tuesday day and night I worked my butt off getting the house clean and Derek finished up the last of the loading, which always takes twice as long as you think it will!
Peyton has moved so many times now, this whole thing was NBD.
Oh, I loved my temporary workout studio!
Wednesday morning we were up at 5:30 to get out on the road and beat rush hour. Our trek took us right through San Francisco. Braedon got to ride in, “the big moving truck.” He loved it! So much that when we got out to let them play at the beach and collect sea glass he cried. He just wanted to get back in the big moving truck.
Adi enjoyed herself a little more.
The sea glass really was pretty.
Then we took the long way through the redwoods, which was about 8 hours of slow and curvy roads.
At dusk we came across the most elk I have ever seen!
We ended up going farther than planned Wednesday night so we got to Seattle a day earlier and surprised my parents. They left for vacation on Friday afternoon, so we have been staying at the house, keeping an eye on my sister, Derek’s been working from home, and I have been hanging with the kids. Today I took them down to the park to feed the ducks.
You can tell they are fed by humans. A lot.
Baeo and Adi loved it.
Along with park visits, hanging out with friends, and enjoying the best Seattle coffee ever, we have been house hunting and I think we are close to finding our dream home. More potential big news to come. Sorry, but I have to keep you hanging again!
It feels so good to be home!
2 comments:
Friends....no mention of which "friends" you've enjoyed spending time with? Were you sad leaving beautiful San Fran?
I can't wait until you guys have cell service so I can get the scoop on the move, job etc...
Post a Comment