Thursday, November 26, 2009

Keeping the Tradition Going

This year we are spending Thanksgiving with some classmates and friends. A couple of our friends are nice enough to cook the turkey and then everyone else is bringing sides. Derek had mentioned that he wanted to make Grandma Peterson's orange rolls. I wasn't really sure what to expect but when he said to think cinnamon roll expect with an orange zest middle I was in. He had me at cinnamon roll. After getting the directions from Amberly and finding out the whole process takes 5 hours, we got started at 8 am. As you can see, Peyton was overwhelmed with excitement.



Braedon watched the Thanksgiving Parade for awhile...Derek rolled....




Braedon watched with excitement...










Derek cut...

we placed them on on the cookie sheet, put them in the oven, then realized they are supposed to sit for 45 more minutes, so we took them back out of the oven...65 minutes later....














MMMmmmm.....yeah they're good! We have decided to make this one of our new traditions. We thought this would be a fun thing to do every year for Thanksgiving and eventually our kids can get in on the baking action. Derek made the comment that the smell reminded him of growing up...I'm glad we were able to bring some of his childhood memories into our house today!




HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Glad they turned out and totally jealous because I didn't have any this year.