Monday, April 19, 2010

Trouble trouble

My mom came to visit last week while Derek was away for school and we had a very nice time together.  She was also a great help with Braedon and doing stuff around the house.  Thanks again mom, you are awesome!

Braedon is almost one year old and man is he into EVERYTHING.  He has figured out how to open the kitchen garbage and today I turned around and caught him gnawing on a banana peel.  Umm, gross.  He has also figured out how to open the DVD cases and take out the DVD’s.  Yeah, not cool either.  Tonight after he went to bed Derek fixed that problem by fixing the lock on our entertainment center and locking it up.

Here are a few more pictures that show what Mr. Baeo has been getting into.  He keeps me on my toes!!

Picture 013 Picture 014 Picture 015 Picture 017 Picture 018 Picture 019

I also brought out a bag of giant Legos for something new today but Braedon just destroyed everything I tried to build faster than I could make it.  Whatever.  He also likes to crawl into his bedroom, shut the door and then cry because he can’t get back out. Oh, but if you try to help him…well he doesn’t like that either so it’s kind of a lose lose situation. 

He still isn’t saying any words yet but he does say, “dadadadada” to everything and when you ask him anything so yesterday when I got a whiff of him and asked him who he would like to change his diaper.  Of course he wanted, “dadadada.” 

2 comments:

Debbie Peterson said...

We had friends that worked really hard teaching their children to say the opposite parents name... the rule at their house was that whoever the child called for had to go help. So saying Dad first might be a good thing (for Lacie)!

Amberly said...

I laughed out loud about the last sentence. Oh this age can be exhausting. I remember feeling like all I did was put stuff back away. Carter ate everything. I called poison control more than 10 times (I think 14 but I'm not sure) because of crazy things he ate. He was so fast too. One time we were in the backyard and I noticed a mushroom. I stood up to go pull it and he beat me to it and ate part. I didn't even know he had noticed it. Thankfully he was fine and I learned (from poison control) that 99% of mushrooms in cultivated yards in Meridian Idaho are not toxic.