Yesterday Braedon woke up with a nasty cough and stuff in his chest. I thought it was a little strange because it came out of nowhere. I kept an eye on him and he didn’t seem to get any worse throughout the day. This morning he woke up and his cough was a little tighter and his voice was almost gone. We put him down for his nap at about 12:30 and he slept for almost three hours! That is about twice as long as his normal naps so I could tell he still wasn’t feeling very well. Well, he woke up from his nap way worse from when we put him down. He had a fever, his cough was very tight and he was breathing fast and funny. I decided it was time to call the doctor and get him in to see what was going on. He had pneumonia this summer so I was a little concerned because it seemed to have come on the same way. We ended up taking him in to urgent care and he was a champ through the whole thing. I hate it when my baby is sick! While we were waiting for the doctor in the exam room Derek saw this sheet.
Derek asked Braedon how he was feeling and he immediately pointed to the red sad face. According to Braedon, he “hurts as much as you can imagine,” or else he just likes the color red.
Either way, I hate it when my baby is sick!! The doctor gave him some antibiotics because there is definitely something going on in his chest. He’s sleeping away in his crib right now and I hope he wakes up feeling better tomorrow!
2 comments:
When Tanner broke his arm they showed him that chart in the ER and he chose the smiley face (as he was sitting there crying about it with 2 broken bones in his arm).:) I love kids.
I've seen the same chart and thought how nice it would be for my baby to be able to tell me how she feels. Sick kids are no fun!! Madison has had pink eye and a cold for the last week and it just plain sucks. Hope Braedon feels better soon.
Post a Comment