Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The things Braedon says (Part 2)

I did a post about the things Braedon is saying that I wanted to remember a few weeks ago, but it’s time to do another one!
IMG_9762
When he wakes up in the morning and we go and get him he will say, “I slept well!” or “I dreamed, mommy.”  When I ask him what he dreamed about he will say, “I took a nap.”  I don’t think he understands exactly what dreaming is.
When Derek gets home from work the first thing Braedon will say is, “How was work today, daddy?”  It is so cute!  You can actually have a real conversation with this kid and he will ask legit questions instead of just “why”, over and over again.
Speaking of questions, he has started to ask a lot of them and I think he is trying to differentiate between real and pretend.  His favorite movies are Cars and Cars 2 and in the movie a couple of the cars can fly.  He has asked me if cars can really fly and if cars can "go in submarines".  Other questions he has asked recently are "can cars swim" and "how do twisters work."  I have a feeling I wont be able to help him with his homework by the time he reaches 5th grade!
We have dipped into potty training and what I mean by that is he will sit on the potty when he wants to; we have decided to wait a little bit longer to take the full on plunge.  He knows that when he uses the potty he will get a chocolate chip for #1 and a cookie for #2.  So whenever Derek or I use the bathroom he will call in from the other room and ask, “do you want a chocolate chip, mommy?” or, “do you want a cookie?”  I crack up every time.  What will be even funnier is the day when we have a guest over and he offers them one.
He is learning how to pray which is something they are working on at church.  The other night it was just Baeo and me and right before dinner he came up to me with his hands folded and said, “I’m praying, mommy.”  It melted my heart.  I asked him if he wanted to pray with me before dinner and he said yes, so we prayed.
We have also really gotten back into playgroup and he is starting to make some friends.  It is nice seeing him actually interact with other kids and I love how excited he gets to go play with them.  They are a little older then him though, so it is more him following them around.  It hurts a little to see him try so hard to play with others, because it’s not always pretty, but it also makes me feel good that he is learning this important life skill.

No comments: