Monday, December 17, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I can’t believe Christmas in only a week a way!  This season goes by faster and faster each year.  This year, to make it a little fun, I made a 25 Days of Christmas list that provided us with a Christmas related task each day.  We have had a lot of fun crossing things off our list!  It has been even more fun since Derek has been home lately to do them with us.  About a month ago he got a little surprise from work.  Basically the team he signed on for got blown up and he had to find a new role.  He found a new role that he is very excited about, but doesn’t really start until after the new year.  Which means, a surprise holiday vacation!  Here are a few things we have been enjoying lately…

IMG_0878

The “gingerbread trail.”  That is what we call it anyway.  It is actually the Microsoft trail and wraps all through the campus and is used quite often for running.  There are little running man markers throughout the trail to tell you your distance, but Braedon calls them gingerbread men, so the name has stuck.  Derek took the kids for walk on the “gingerbread trail” one morning while I worked out.  This is one of Baeo’s favorite trails to walk and we are so lucky that it is steps away from our apartment.

IMG_0858

IMG_0866

Usually after a trail walk, a bath is needed.  Good thing Braedon loves baths!  Yesterday after I got Braedon’s bath started for him I went into the kitchen to do something. I then heard  from him that he was, “using the towel for a blanket.”  This is what I found when I went in the bathroom.  Yes, that would be a big bath towel.

IMG_0908

Last week we ran a few errands and went to the Redmond Town Center to walk around for a bit.  This is what happens when Derek tells Peyton to sit.  Good boy Braedon.  You deserve a treat.

IMG_0887

Today after I picked up Baeo from preschool we went and had lunch with Derek at work since he had a couple of meetings.  Braedon got to stay and hang out with dad at work, so Adi and I hung out by ourselves this afternoon.  It was nice to have a little one on one time.

IMG_0909

I spent most of the time trying to keep my phone from her.  She has figured out how to unlock my phone and turn on Pandora.  It’s pretty cute watching her walk around the house with her “boom box,” but she also tries to delete all my apps.  Not cool Adi.

IMG_0910

We also tried to read some books, which she still isn’t really in to.

IMG_0911

Mostly she just walked around chugging milk.  Then I fed her dinner and gave her a bath.  I know, pretty exciting.  Maybe a little too exciting…

pee

Who peed on the bathroom floor?

IMG_0940

Yeah Adi, I know it was you.

No comments: