Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day at the Zoo

Derek and I have been wanting to take the kids to Woodland Park Zoo for quite some time now.  Originally the plan was to go see the zoo lights, but the weather never really cooperated for us.  However, when we woke up today and I saw it was supposed to be sunny, we jumped at the chance to spend the day at the zoo!  It was very cold, but no rain.  I consider that a win!
First stop was the African drums.
IMG_1132
Adi loved our show!
IMG_1133
Braedon drummed on.
IMG_1145
We saw every exhibit at the zoo, and after awhile Adi started to have enough.  Can you say temper tantrum?
IMG_1152
I’m sure me laughing at her didn’t help.  But soon after, all was good in the world again.
IMG_1157
I think the orangutans and the otters were the top favorites among the kids…and the adults.
IMG_1172
Although, Braedon loved the birds!  This one just flew up on me!  Not gonna lie.  Freaked me out a bit.  But I held my cool for the B man.
IMG_1187
That’s right, just call me the bird whisperer.  The boys tried to catch another to feed.
IMG_1190
Aww Derek.  That come hither look may not have worked for the birds, but it worked for meWinking smile
Otters!
IMG_1199
IMG_1204
Followed by a whole lot more exhibits, then the penguins, which were also a hit, and then a picture in a boat before major meltdowns which included a bloody lip.
IMG_1209
And we’re out.
IMG_1211
Peace.

No comments: