Thursday, May 14, 2009

What is sleep? (Derek)

Between Braedon crying all night and Peyton puking three times, Lacie and I are running on fumes today. I didn't know that a little one could scream for hours on end. I would have been impressed if I had the energy to be impressed and if I also had ear plugs or a volume control. In order to hopefully avoid a repeat of last night we are making a few changes:
  1. Braedon will be getting gas drops after every feeding (he is yet to get any)
  2. Braedon will be fed every 2.5 hours during the day so that hopefully he will feel more satiated during the night (he was averaging about every 3 hours)
  3. Braedon will be sleeping in his room instead of in our room and the baby monitor will be very quiet (he was sleeping in our room right next to our bed)
  4. Peyton will not be getting any more salmon bites because I think that those were the culprits for her

If this doesn't do the trick then we are going to look into figuring out how to secure the swaddle and baby headgear to keep the binky in Braedon's mouth.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You gave your dog salmon bites!?? Eww gross! I don't blame the poor thing. Good luck with the new tricks for Braedon-keep me posted on what works cuz I'm sure I'll be needing ideas here soon. And baby head gear?? Good luck! You're too funny!