Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby gates and flying object

This title may be slightly misleading as we don’t have any baby gates and the object wasn’t flying…

As Lacie has mentioned many times, Braedon is becoming quite the little explorer which makes it quite difficult to get things done around here.  After repeated retrievals of the little rascal I realized that there is no need to chase him because we have a solid pocket door that would keep him in the living room.  So I closed said pocket door (it weighs a LOT) and the problem was solved as we now had a baby gate that no kid could beat.  Unfortunately the “baby gate” is a bit to heavy so I had to be the one to open it.  Herein lies the second problem, this house is old and you get random surprises with old houses.  When I opened the door there was something that looked like it could be an extremely old and dehydrated banana peel on the ground but I wasn’t sure what it was so I took a closer look.

IMG_5483

For some reason Lacie doesn’t like her baby gate anymore and she is saying that the next place we live has to be new.

5 comments:

Musashi said...

moderately gross, I must admit.

Emily said...

EEEEWWWW! I would FLIP out. Is that a bat?? Gross!

BriAnne said...

Ewww!! I feel sick. And I thought mice were bad. Poor Lacie!

Amberly said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. And I think Lacie should win. The next place must be newer than this dead bat place for sure!

Debbie Peterson said...

I"m not sure how I missed this post the first time around... I'm glad Derek got to be the one to find it! E