Monday, October 11, 2010

Fine Cuisine of Boston

This weekend was fall break so we decided at the last minute (I was able to delay school work) to visit Boston.  We had a great time but I will leave the trip details for Lacie to blog about.  We stayed at the Omni Parker House which is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the United States.  The cool thing about this hotel is that the hotel restaurant, The Parker House, is famous for creating the Boston Cream Pie and Parker House Rolls which we had to enjoy both nights that we were there.  Well…I had to enjoy them both nights, Lacie ordered something different the second night which I could not believe.

Parker House Boston Cream Pie

As a random side note, Ho Chi Minh and Malcolm X both worked at the Parker House.

One of my classmates provided one food recommendation and that was to stop at Upper Crust for pizza.  His recommendation turned out to be a good one as the pizza was phenomenal.

On the last day of our visit we completed our culinary tour of the city by ordering

IMG_6913

New England Clam Chowder which was quite possibly the best chowder I have ever had and

IMG_6912

a Philly Cheesesteak with cheese whiz which although may seem weird given that we were in Boston, but they had cheese whiz so we had to order it as that is tough to find.

Bottom line, the cuisine of Boston was as good as billed and I am happy with all our dining choices!

No comments: