Saturday, November 13, 2010

Movember (Updated)

For those that weren’t aware, Movember takes place during the month of November and is a moustache growing charity event that raises funds and awareness towards men’s health, specifically prostate cancer. The rules state that you start clean shaven on November 1 and then you don’t shave until December 1. Cornell is actually having a moustache contest at the end of the month. This year Derek has decided to take part in this event. I’m happy that he is doing it as it is for a good cause, but on the other hand I am anxiously waiting for the month to be over. Why, might you ask?

IMG_7148

Ewww.

IMG_7147

This is what he looked like when he came out of the bathroom this morning. Today was the first day that he actually shaved his growing beard into a moustache, if that’s what you want to call what he has on his face. I said, no way dude and told him to go back to the bathroom.

Second attempt.

IMG_7149

Oh hell no.

IMG_7150

Once again he was sent to the bathroom and returned looking pretty similar, except he shaved the horizontal lines that line his jaw bone. I can’t look at him with a straight face.

He better raise a butt load of money.

To donate to the cause (it is funneled to a couple of organizations like The LiveStrong Foundation) go to: http://us.movember.com/mospace/816988/