It really is the little things that Derek does that separates him from the rest. Those thoughtful deeds that brighten my day. Like yesterday evening when he biked home from work with one hand while carefully balancing a plate of leftover chocolate cake with the other (we all now how crazy I am for cake). Or this morning when he had to take the Jeep to an all day off site meeting and I was to be left car-less for the day with a 2 year old who always likes to, “go!” I woke up really wanting my Starbucks coffee, which I haven’t had since Sunday, but knew that I wasn’t going to be able to satisfy that recurring craving because I wasn’t going to have a car, and walking past the trailer park is never an option in my mind, no matter how much I want my coffee. Yes, directions to our house include, “once you go past the trailer park…” Knowing this I was a little cranky this morning, for no other reason except that I wanted coffee. Well my wonderful husband surprised me about 20 minutes later with an iced coffee on my doorstep! He is way too good to me. That or he just didn’t want to come home to a cranky Lacie. Now I’m sitting here enjoying my coffee…
with a side of Braedon. Is it sad that all it takes to make me happy is some kind of chocolate treat and/or coffee? I would blame it on being pregnant but we all know that simply isn't true. I wonder if I can bribe Braedon with having to stay home all day with a piece of cake. But the question is, am I willing to give up my last piece of cake?
No comments:
Post a Comment