Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fire truck

When we are out and about, every time Braedon sees some kind of emergency vehicle with lights such as a cop, ambulance or fire truck, he has to create his own sound effects and act as the siren for that vehicle.  He loves pointing them out and he loves making a siren noise to go along with them.  I think he does a pretty good siren.  Others look at him like he’s weird.  There is a fire station pretty close to our house that we end up driving by on a regular basis and most of the time there is a firefighter out cleaning a fire truck.  Today we decided to stop so Braedon could check out the fire truck up close.

baeotruck2

The fireman was very nice and let Braedon sit in the drivers seat and “drive” the fire truck, get in the backseat and look around, try on a fire hat, and ring the bell.  With most things, Braedon loves to watch from a distance.  The first time Derek put him up in the seat he flipped out and cried.  He wanted nothing but to get down.  He eventually warmed up a little bit and really did like checking out the truck. 

baeotruck4

baeotruck5

baeotruck3

He thought the bell was pretty cool.

baeotruck

Before we left the fireman gave Braedon a few stickers that said junior firefighter and he promptly put one on his shirt and wore it proudly. 

Our next stop today was to the YMCA so we could get a membership.  Shortly after we got there we took a tour to check out the facilities and the first stop was the Kid’s club where Braedon will stay while I work out.  He walked right in like he owned the place and ended up staying and playing for the rest of the time we were there.  I’m glad to know that Braedon will have no problems adapting to daycare again!  For those of you who have been reading for awhile or know Braedon, he really struggled with daycare at the YMCA for awhile in Ithaca, but eventually began to love it to the point where he didn’t want to leave.  I was a little worried about how he would do here since it was a new place, but no problems at all! I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised considering he walked right into daycare at church no problem too.  I’m excited to take spin classes again!!  You know where Braedon and I will be Monday.

You will never guess where our third stop of the day was.  Happy Hollow of course to see the goats.  Yes, this was two times in one week.  Braedon will wake up from his naps talking about the goats.  No pictures because if I took pictures every time we went to Happy Hollow my computer would be full of goat pictures. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Spin Class Pregnant??? You are KILLING me. You make the rest of us non pregnant folk look bad! Enjoy.